Our Corporate Social Responsibility company policy outlines our efforts to operate a socially and environmentally responsible business as part of our day-to-day strategic and operational activities.
We strive to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
The scope of this policy applies to our company. We are also committed to working with our suppliers to support their pathways to operating ethical and sustainable businesses.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: Compliance and Proactivity
Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and integrity.
Proactivity refers to our active engagement in initiatives, business methods and systems that promote human rights, support communities and protect our natural environment.
For legal compliance, our company will:
• Respect the law
• Honour its internal policies
• Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate
• Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent
Our ethics are to always conduct business with integrity and respect for human rights.
Accordingly, we will:
• Adhere to the Modern Slavery Act
• Enforce strict anti-bribery and anti-corruption practice
• Promote workplace safety, anti-discrimination and fair dealing
• Respect our customers
We are committed to abiding by the employment laws in all countries where we have direct employees. We will proactively work with our suppliers to ensure their compliance with international ethical sourcing standards relating to their workplaces, people and environment.
We will manage this through site visits, education and support to change practices if problems are identified. This process will be monitored closely, with third party compliance audits conducted to identify failures, corrective plans followed up and consistent reviews over time.
Our CSR Process is an internal resource that we use to shape and track our progress. It provides our managers and teams with policies and guidelines to ensure that we are proactively making improvements day to day. It covers a range of topics including how we:
• Select suppliers and how we onboard new ones
• Audit our supply chain, who is qualified to conduct these activities and how we manage the results
• Assess fabric and trim suppliers, their processes and their certifications
• Monitor, track and report internally on suppliers
• Test fabrics and the laboratories that are acceptable in this process
• Work to procure ethical animal derived raw materials
• Our team conducts regular supplier site visits
• Train our suppliers
• Update, train and actively encourage our teams to contribute to our CSR endeavours.
We require suppliers producing animal-derived products to ensure good animal husbandry and welfare. These products include leather, wool and a small amount of shearling. Our collections are fur-free and we do not use angora. Suppliers must not use banned animal-derived materials including: vulnerable or endangered species appearing on either the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) or the Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) lists.
We will be proactive regarding our environmental impacts, and assessing the best solutions available to us for reducing them. The business is continually researching sustainable activities to adopt in the following areas:
• Energy efficiency
• Water stewardship