The Online Store Returns Policy & Process
You may return or exchange your purchase, subject to the following terms:
For in-store purchases, returns other than for faulty goods must be made within 7 days for credit note or exchange. No refunds unless required by law.
For online purchases, returns other than for faulty goods must be made within 15 days from the date of shipment, for refund, credit note or exchange. Orders placed between March 16th 2020 and May 18th 2020 are applicable for our extended return policy of 30 days from the date of shipment with proof of purchase on items.
Returns only accepted with proof of purchase.
Unless the return is required by law:
• Items must be in original condition (including tags) and must not have been worn, altered or washed.
• For online purchases, all packaging (including garment bags) shipped with your order must be returned.
• Every clothing item has a tag attached reading "Once this tag is removed, this garment cannot be returned". Once this tag has been removed, the garment is no longer returnable.
• For all swimwear and lingerie, customers must try on items wearing undergarments. If returned, the protective hygiene strip must remain in place and will not be accepted if removed or altered, or the item otherwise shows signs of wear.
• Try on shoes on soft surfaces before they are worn as we will not accept shoes returned with sole markings or scratches. Ensure shoes are returned with original shoebox.
• All purchases on jewellery and hair accessories are final sale We will not accept returned earrings due to hygiene reasons.
• If a customer has exchanged a garment for a credit note, and then seeks to return the garment which was purchased with that credit note, Zimmermann may refuse the return.
This policy does not apply to Zimmermann Outlets or David Jones Concessions.
Zimmermann does not refund international prepaid tax and duties paid at the time of checkout should you wish to return an item. Contact your local customs office to obtain your tax refund.
For online purchases, we do not refund initial shipping charges for items returned, other than for faulty items. Your own return postage costs are not refundable. Items exchanged will be re-sent at our cost.
In-store purchases cannot be returned to the online store.
Online purchases may be returned to a Zimmermann store. All in-store refunds will be processed by our Online Customer Service team, subject to these terms.
For returns to the Zimmermann online store, follow the procedure below.
You may return or exchange (where available) your Zimmermann Online Store purchase, including sale items, to a Zimmermann Store. All in store returns will be subject to adherence of the Online Store Returns Policy detailed above. All new items following an instore exchange will be subject to the Stores Return Policy.
Returns or exchanges will only be accepted with proof of purchase on items within 15 days from the date of shipment. Orders placed between March 16th 2020 and May 18th 2020 are applicable for our extended return policy of 30 days from the date of shipment with proof of purchase on items. Items returned outside their respective period will not be accepted.
To return your purchase take the item(s) you wish to return or exchange to a Zimmermann Store at your convenience, along with your confirmation email and all other paperwork and packaging included in your order. Zimmermann Outlets, Head Office, and David Jones Concessions are excluded.
All in-store refunds will be processed by our Online Customer Service team.
The process for returning to the Online Store is detailed below:
1. Submit a Return
Registered users: login to your account, select ‘Orders’ from the menu and follow the steps. On completion of this process you will receive a return number, and an email confirming your return details.
Guest checkout users: go to the Guest Returns page and follow the steps. On completion of this process you will receive an email confirming your return details.
You may select a refund, store credit, or exchange for all or some of your items. If selecting exchange, specify the item you would like to request in the comment box. If your chosen item is not available, you will be notified by email as soon as possible and offered a suitable replacement or a full refund.
2. Complete the Returns Form
All deliveries come with an Online Store Returns Form. This must be completed and sent to us with your return.
3. Pack Your Return
When returning items ensure you enclose:
• The completed Returns Form, including your return number
• Your Invoice (included in your delivery)
• The item(s) for return, including packaging
4. Send Your Return
For all returns use a reputable courier company such as DHL, or an express postal service to ensure your item is received within the accepted time frame.
Send your return to:
Zimmermann Online Store
68 Mentmore Avenue
Rosebery NSW 2018
For international returns state on the outside of your parcel that this is a ‘return to shipper’ and note the original tracking number.
Zimmermann is not liable for the loss of garments in return transit. We recommend using a traceable delivery method and taking note of your tracking number.
Once the items have been received they will undergo a quality review. Once cleared, you will either receive your new item (for exchanges), credit note, or refund on the purchase price (excluding original shipping cost) directly to the original method of payment used for purchase. You will receive email notification once your return is processed, this will occur within 5 working days of receiving your return.
Returns or exchanges will only be accepted with proof of purchase on items within 15 days from the date of shipment. Items returned outside their respective period will not be accepted.
Gift Cards may not be returned and will be honoured for 3 years from the date of issue. Gift Cards are valid for use on the Australian Online Store, and in Zimmermann stores nationally.
Download a copy of the Returns Form.