Policy & Process
This section of the policy is for In-Store and Online Purchases.
You may return or exchange your purchase, subject to the following terms:
For in-store purchases, returns other than for faulty goods must be made within 7 days for credit note or exchange. No refunds unless required by law.
For online purchases, returns other than for faulty goods must be made within 15 days from the date of shipment, for refund, credit note or exchange.
Returns only accepted with proof of purchase.
Unless the return is required by law:
• Items must be in original condition (including tags) and must not have been worn, altered or washed.
• For online purchases, all packaging (including garment bags) shipped with your order must be returned.
• Every clothing item has a tag attached reading "Once this tag is removed, this garment cannot be returned". Once this tag has been removed, the garment is no longer returnable.
• For all swimwear and lingerie, clients must try on items wearing undergarments. If returned, the protective hygiene strip must remain in place and will not be accepted if removed or altered, or the item otherwise shows signs of wear.
• Try on shoes on soft surfaces before they are worn as we will not accept shoes returned with sole markings or scratches. Ensure shoes are returned with original shoebox.
• Gift Cards may not be returned and will be honoured for 3 years from the date of issue. Gift Cards are valid for use on the Australian Online Store, and in Zimmermann stores nationally.
• All purchases on earrings, tights, and hair accessories are final sale. We will not accept returns on these items due to hygiene reasons.
• If a client has exchanged a garment for a credit note, and then seeks to return the garment which was purchased with that credit note, Zimmermann may refuse the return.
This policy does not apply to Zimmermann Outlets or David Jones Concessions.
Zimmermann does not refund international prepaid tax and duties paid at the time of checkout should you wish to return an item. Contact your local customs office to obtain your tax refund.
For online purchases, we do not refund initial shipping charges for items returned, other than for faulty items.
In-store purchases cannot be returned to the online store.
Online purchases may be returned to a Zimmermann store. All in-store refunds will be processed by our Online Customer Service team, subject to these terms.
For returns to the Zimmermann online store, follow the procedure below.
You may return or exchange (where available) your Zimmermann Online purchase, including sale items, to a Zimmermann store. All in-store returns will be subject to the Returns Policy detailed above. All new items following an in-store exchange will be subject to the same Return Policy.
Returns or exchanges will only be accepted with proof of purchase on items within 15 days from the date of shipment.
To return your purchase take the item(s) you wish to return or exchange to a Zimmermann store at your convenience, along with your confirmation email and all other paperwork and packaging included in your order. Zimmermann Outlets, Head Office, and David Jones Concessions are excluded.
Stores in Victoria are currently unable to accept returns.
All in-store refunds will be processed by our Online Customer Service team.
We offer a free returns courier service for online orders, where available. Follow the steps to use this service.
Note: You will need access to a printer to use this free service.
On completion of this process you will receive an email confirming your return details.
You may select a refund, store credit, or exchange for all or some of your items. If selecting exchange, specify the item you would like to request in the comment box. If your chosen item is not available, you will be notified by email as soon as possible and offered a suitable replacement or a full refund.
2. Book Your Free Return Courier
• Clients in Australia or New Zealand: Book your free DHL collection during the 'Submit a Return' process detailed above, or at a later time via the 'BOOK COURIER' button in your Return Confirmation email.
• Clients in all other locations: contact Customer Service to book your return on your behalf.
Note: to use this free service you will need access to a printer.
3. Pack Your Return
Carefully pack your return item(s) into one box or satchel, enclose the completed returns form, order invoice, and any additional paperwork supplied to you by DHL during the courier booking process. If your return does not fit in one box contact Customer Service for an additional return label.
4. DHL Collection
DHL will collect your return on your booked date, and deliver it to the Zimmermann Online Store for processing.
Each order is entitled to one free return collection.
Note: This return service is not currently available in the Northern Mariana Islands, and some regional areas of some Pacific Islands.
To view, change, or cancel your existing DHL return booking, view the steps described in the section below.
To view, change, or cancel your existing DHL return courier booking, go to your DHL Label Confirmation email and follow the steps.
To book your free return courier, follow the steps in the section above.
Once the items have been received they will undergo a quality review. Once cleared, you will either receive your new item (for exchanges), credit note, or refund on the purchase price (excluding original shipping cost) directly to the original method of payment used for purchase. You will receive email notification once your return is processed, this will occur within 5 working days of receiving your return.
Returns or exchanges will only be accepted with proof of purchase on items within 15 days from the date of shipment. Items returned outside their respective period will not be accepted.
Download a copy of the Returns Form.